Comprehensive Financial Plan
This plan is for more complicated situations, when you require personal counsel and greater attention to detail. This often includes corporations, trusts, deferred compensation, real estate holdings or complex family scenarios that require more analysis and consultation with your other advisors.
In my experience, doctors, dentists, lawyers, business owners and corporate executives – or anyone with an investment net worth of $1,000,000 or more – need this kind of plan to fully grasp their current financial state and how to attain long-term success.
The process starts by analyzing all the elements of your financial affairs, including clear objectives and your wish list. I build your plan with granular-level data, our dialogue and by meeting with you and your other advisors. My goal is to put myself in your shoes, to understand your family’s needs and provide specific, objective advice.
I create a customized computer model – a document – that shows you what targets are realistic and how to achieve them. My help in implementing these recommendations can include (but is not limited to):
- Arranging financing
- Assessing your investment manager
- Addressing insurance or estate planning gaps
- Coordinating corporate restructuring
What happens when life happens? My annual review monitors your progress and allows me to adapt your plan to accommodate life events like:
- Health crisis
- Inheritance / windfall
- Job loss / income reduction
- Sale of business
- Pre-nups / post-nups
- Family issues
Fees – Comprehensive Financial Plan
Your introductory meeting with me is free. At this meeting, we will explore the complexity of your case and the focus of the planning required. This allows me to give you a proper estimate for the hours needed to prepare your plan. I will provide you with a detailed engagement letter that outlines my costs and mandate.
The cost of your unique plan is based on an hourly rate of $200.
To get started:
- Complete The Comprehensive Questionnaire (download)
- Schedule your free assessment with me – usually 1 ½ hours – anywhere that is convenient for you (or by phone).
- At this getting-to-know-you meeting, we will review your questionnaire and discuss your concerns and objectives. I will explain the process and give you an estimate of the hours I think your case will require.